Sports massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on areas of the body that are affected by aches and pains due to physical activity. Sports massages have become popular for athletes of any level, from the casual runner or dancer to the professional Olympic swimmer. Here at SV Massage, we serve the following areas:
- Mount Laurel, NJ
- Marlton, NJ
- Cherry Hill, NJ
- Moorestown, NJ
- And more!
A sports massage can give any athlete a competitive edge by helping them to properly take care of both their body and mind. Here are some specific benefits you can gain by getting a sports massage:
- Massages help with the reduction of stiff muscles and care for the wear-and-tear that occurs when you workout. Less muscle stiffness and soreness can get your body back to training quicker than normal.
- They can help the muscles in your body recover from an injury faster and also prevent further damage.
- They improve range of motion and flexibility, which can result in more power and better performance.
- They make significant improvements in relaxation by reducing your heart rate and blood pressure.
- They speed up the elimination of metabolic by-products of exercise from your body faster.
- They increase blood flow and maximize the nutrients and oxygen throughout your body.
- They provide the release of endorphins, which are amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
As sports massage therapists at SV Massage, we are trained to understand how each sport or form of exercise affects specific muscles. Sports massages in Mount Laurel, NJ, and the surrounding areas, are tailored to the individual client and type of exercise in which they participate. Swedish style massages and deep tissue tend to be incorporated throughout a sports massage, with the addition of stretching. Stretching and massaging used together in combination provides comfort and relief that an athlete’s body craves after a strenuous workout.
Sports massages can be used as routine maintenance to maintain optimum strength and flexibility. When it comes to big events, sports massages are excellent for both pre- and post-event. Pre-event sports massages are useful in reducing the risk of injury by warming up the muscles and can also reduce excess muscle and mental tension. The main purpose of a post-event sports massage is the recovery of the muscle tissue. Post-event sports massages are ideal for the prevention of muscle spasms and reduction of metabolic build-up.
Even if you are not necessarily an athlete, but you participate in a strenuous line of work, a sports massage could be extremely beneficial. For example, if you are a parent with small children you often lift or a gardener who is continuously hunched over while tending to their garden, a sports massage can provide you with the same relief and benefits that it does for athletes.
At SV Massage, we take the time to get to know your body and discover the areas that need to be addressed to ultimately provide you with the most comfort, both physically and mentally. Sports massages can provide mental clarity and a heightened level of overall well-being, so not only will it help you perform when it comes to sports and exercise, but your mind will be sharper than ever. We also offer deep tissue massage in Mount Laurel, NJ, as well as the neighboring areas. If you live in or near Mount Laurel, NJ, Marlton, NJ, Cherry Hill, NJ, Moorestown, NJ, or any of the surrounding areas, contact our team at SV Massage. Get the relief you deserve and call 609-736-2312 today to schedule your sports massage.