You deserve to relax.
If you live in Cherry Hill, NJ, Marlton, NJ, Mount Laurel, NJ, Moorestown, NJ, or another location in the South Jersey area, invest in your mind and body’s health with a Swedish Massage by SV Massage.
What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish Massage is one of the most common and well-known forms of therapeutic massage. It’s a relaxing, full-body massage that uses a combination of different strokes to relieve stress, reduce muscle tension, and relax the body.
The pressure for a Swedish Massage is light to firm. I will find a pressure that suits your muscles’ needs and adjust it according to your comfort and preference. Traditionally, the massage therapist will use five different strokes that flow toward the heart to manipulate the soft tissues of the body. They include:
- Long, gliding strokes relax your body at the beginning of the session and increase circulation.
- Kneading pulls the muscles away from the bones to allow deeper penetration and prepares the muscles for later techniques.
- Rhythmic tapping with the fists of the massage therapist’s cupped hands releases tension in the muscles at specific points.
- Friction caused by rubbing the skin of the person being massaged warms up the muscles of the body.
- Vibration uses the back-and-forth motion of the heel of the hand or the fingertips to loosen the muscles.
The massage therapist may also use stretching to increase your range of motion and invigorate your body.
A Little History
Ayurvedic Medicine, a system of holistic medicine that has been practiced in India for thousands of years, has long used oil-based massage to treat muscle injuries. Healers in Ancient Egypt and China also used pressure massages to promote overall health and a healthy liver.
Despite the name, Swedish Massage is not from Sweden. In fact, the techniques of this massage were codified in the late nineteenth century by Johan Georg Mezger, who was Dutch. Because it is so common, most Europeans refer to this type of massage as a Classic Massage.
Swedish Massage Has Many Proven Health Benefits
Swedish Massage will relax your exterior muscle tension and calm your nervous system. While this style of massage is best known for its stress-relieving qualities, it can improve your overall well-being in many ways. After a Swedish massage, you may notice:
- Eased Tension in Your Muscles
- A Boosted Immune System
- Less Fatigue, Depression, and Anxiety
- Fewer Aches and Pains in Your Body
- Better Circulation and Flexibility
Whether you’re seeking health benefits or you just would like a day of relaxation, I encourage you to get a Swedish Massage.
Are You Ready for a Relaxing Swedish Massage?
Whether you want a firm Deep Tissue Massage in Marlton, NJ, a pre-event Sports Massage in Cherry Hill, NJ, or a gentle Swedish Massage in Moorestown, NJ, choose SV Massage for your massage experience.
Our Swedish Massages come in 60-minute sessions for $85 or 90-minute sessions for $120. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, please call us or send an email to email@example.com.